It frustrates me that almost everyone has someone but I don't?

Il****

• Members
Posted

It frustrates me that almost everyone has someone but I don't?

• Members
Posted

I know that feeling. Many people feel incomplete, not normal and unhappy without a partner. I did too. I tried to find a relationship desperately and I thought I was doomed to wait for a random coincidence and to be unhappy meanwhile.

It's important to understand the fact that you have to make yourself happy. Don't let your happiness depend on random events. Take care of yourself, find a great hobby, make yourself comfortable, cook nice meals for yourself, dress like the person you would like to be seen as and make yourself happy and confident.

I used to cook great meals, buy flowers and dress well for dates, but I didn't do it for myself, because I didn't condider it necessary for just myself. But appreciating yourself is important. You are the most important person in your life. So treat yourself like that.

And this behavior of self esteem will attract other people. So the "relationship problem" might just solve itself.

• Members
Posted
I feel like that too. Everyone around me is part of a couple. A lot of people are parents too. I feel rejected by everybody.
  • Members
Posted
I don't have anyone either. I've spent most of my life being single.
  • Members
Posted
If you can maintain a good relationship,then you will have one sooner or later.If not,you’d better stay single.Treat yourself ritually in every respects and be thankful all the time.I think you will like to be single than having the wrong companion that disturb your inner peace which is so precious in your life time.
  • Members
Posted
On 8/10/2023 at 6:36 PM, Woodypoet1 said:

I don't have anyone either. I've spent most of my life being single.

But I'm a woman and you're a man.

• Members
Posted
11 hours ago, vincent0911 said:

If you can maintain a good relationship,then you will have one sooner or later.If not,you’d better stay single.Treat yourself ritually in every respects and be thankful all the time.I think you will like to be single than having the wrong companion that disturb your inner peace which is so precious in your life time.

How do I maintain a good relationship?

• Members
Posted

everything has its time, just believe in yourself

• Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Swittleir said:

everything has its time, just believe in yourself

But I'm 33 years old so my clock is ticking.

• Members
Posted
Am 13.8.2023 at 01:42, schrieb Iloveit:

But I'm 33 years old so my clock is ticking.

Well, you can't force or plan to get a relationship. In the past I wished I could, but you just can't.
But there are some things one can do to be more attractive.
I don't know you at all, so I don't know if this helps you, but here are some things to make a person attractive in my opinion.

1. Take care of yourself. So take a shower on a regular basis, work out and wear some nice clothes. It makes you look healthy and it improves your self esteem.

2. Have a personality. If you don't know your favorite food, your favorite music, your favorite hobby, your favorite restaurant, take your time to find out what you like. Knowing what you want is more attractive  than: "Uh, I don't know", in my opinion.

When you found an activity/hobby you like, try to find a way to do it together with other people. That's a great way to get to know new people.

3. Be less picky. Some people seem to be perfect, but they all have their problems, weaknesses and insecurities. So give people a chance, go on dates and get to know them.

And maybe take a look around you. Do you have a best friend, who is always there for you, who is single too? He/she might be the best partner for you.

• Members
Posted
Saturday at 04:21 PM, Iloveit said:

Maintaining a relationship is an ability for example:good communication skill and always be thinking in other people’s positions

• Members
Posted
Saturday at 04:21 PM, Iloveit said:

Putting yourself in somebody’s shoes