Intro - What should be known about Me

• Members
Posted

I am here to be of service. The world right now can be frightening and cold. In the last 5 years I've lost multiple friends/co-workers to depression and in those instances I felt I could have done more. Well, there's no time like the present. I started my YouTube channel to help anyone who is dealing with anxiety or stress and also those who are looking to get into mediation, need help getting to sleep, and general relaxation. My videos aren't complex. At all. That's purposefully done because I am a minimalist and I believe the best way to clear the mind is simple sounds and simple images that calm the nerves and senses. The videos have helped my as I venture back into my meditation practices and I hope they provide the same use for others. I am very happy to offer, what I feel is, a very small contribution to the universe that can potentially restore, change or even save lives.

• Members
Posted

Mediation sounds like a good thing.

In my mind it looks like yoda does it, sitting there with his eyes closed.
Do you have some advice, how to mediate as a beginner?

The only "mediation" I do so far, is this:
When sitting in a bus, train or waiting room, I dont look at my phone like most of the other people, but I try to relax and think about all the things that come to my mind.

• Members
Posted

Honestly, for me meditation is like prayer. Your practice may not look similar to what others do but you have to do what gets you the results you seek. You have to do what you're comfortable doing. Start with trying to carve out 5 mins. I hope this helps.

• Members
Posted

Yeah, I think it's important to plan some time for it in order to prevent forgetting it.

• Members
Posted
17 hours ago, suedseefrucht said:

Mediation sounds like a good thing.

In my mind it looks like yoda does it, sitting there with his eyes closed.
Do you have some advice, how to mediate as a beginner?

The only "mediation" I do so far, is this:
When sitting in a bus, train or waiting room, I dont look at my phone like most of the other people, but I try to relax and think about all the things that come to my mind.

In India there are many high performance spiritual leaders who are teaching meditation. Try them after contact with their organisation or try it by their online courses.
India is world famous spiritual country.

• Members
Posted

Hello everyone, 

One thing about me is growing spirituality is my number one goal. I also love people but enjoy solitude.