Viruses and Emotionally weakened Immune system

al****

Posted

Thank you for sharing! ?

Posted

Great share! Thank you Alena ?

• Members
Posted

I feel it is important to educate people on how fear and stress affects our health and empower them. Here is a video I just came across that further touches on what I explained in my article, but it comes from a genius scientist in the epigenetic field that I admire. ❤️

Posted
On 4/1/2020 at 7:15 PM, alena-heal said:

I feel it is important to educate people on how fear and stress affects our health and empower them. Here is a video I just came across that further touches on what I explained in my article, but it comes from a genius scientist in the epigenetic field that I admire. ❤️

such a good share! Thanks a lot @alena-heal, that gave me a positive push! ❤️

Posted

There are lots of scientific studies out there that point towards a negative impact of chronic stress on not only our mental health but also on our physical health. This matches my personal experiences as since I had taken the MBSR course six years ago and I meditate almost daily I have had close to no sick leave days. So I would say I see scientific evidence AND I experience the connection. However, it's "only" a connection; it's not a necessary consequence.

Even if I do all the right things, I might still get sick. I think the best example is smoking. Most of us by now agree that smoking is a good way to get lung cancer, but it's no guarantee, and neither is not smoking a guarantee to stay cancer-free.

My point is "Never get sick again" is too much of a bold promise and might foster false hopes and expectations. At the same time, I am 5 stars supportive of consciously making the best of the connection and working on our physical and mental health and keeping our chronic stress levels low.

For those interested in the status quo of the research, Google Scholar is an excellent start. Here's a predefined search for "stress", "immune system" but leaving out the results dealing with space flight.

• Members
Posted
On 4/3/2020 at 1:36 AM, Tine said:

There are lots of scientific studies out there that point towards a negative impact of chronic stress on not only our mental health but also on our physical health. This matches my personal experiences as since I had taken the MBSR course six years ago and I meditate almost daily I have had close to no sick leave days. So I would say I see scientific evidence AND I experience the connection. However, it's "only" a connection; it's not a necessary consequence.

Even if I do all the right things, I might still get sick. I think the best example is smoking. Most of us by now agree that smoking is a good way to get lung cancer, but it's no guarantee, and neither is not smoking a guarantee to stay cancer-free.

My point is "Never get sick again" is too much of a bold promise and might foster false hopes and expectations. At the same time, I am 5 stars supportive of consciously making the best of the connection and working on our physical and mental health and keeping our chronic stress levels low.

For those interested in the status quo of the research, Google Scholar is an excellent start. Here's a predefined search for "stress", "immune system" but leaving out the results dealing with space flight.

Hello Tine, 

Yes I agree that the language these doctors and scientist use can be a little too bold. But I personally feel it is aimed to wake up an interest in those that still do not understand the importance of holistic aspects of health. This language is used all the time in pharma industry - take this pill and your allergy, your headache, ...  disappears.. (this might not be as prominent in Europe as advertising of pharmaceutical medicine is illegal, but I have seen in on the TV in the USA.

As per your note on smoking and how it doesn't mean the smoker will get cancer and the non smoker won't, this is absolutely true! I have seen many old smokers that are in great health and not on any medication and I truly believe it is their life long positive attitude. We also see many people that are struggling with cancer and serious diseases, but they lived healthy lifestyles. This is because while they ate well and exercise, they lived in emotionally weakened state of either chronic stress or suppressed emotions from a trauma. 

The body is much more dynamic and there is usually not only one cause to a disease. The body has trillion cells that are in constant communication with each other, just like our systems are in constant communication with one another, .... If there is an imbalance in one part, that will affects other functions and all must be addressed together.  In my work I always see there is a "story" the body has to tell, that often combines various aspects that are causing this particular health issue. Example of a client with chronic migraines (one possible story) - the pain is being triggered as a result of an emotional imbalance in liver connected to a specific event or life time experience, which is then blocking the communication between the liver and the gallbladder and hence the metabolic pathways for toxins and hormone elimination. So the reason is metabolic imbalance in the systems, which has been triggered by emotional stress. We are constantly exposed to stress, whether it is physical (sedentary life style, micro-trauma from repetitive movements, or an injury), metabolic (food, water, air, medicine, alcohol, ..), or emotional and mental stress and while more scientific research is proving that emotional and mental stress is the biggest culprit to modern diseases, all of these factors must be taken in consideration. 

<3