SECRET OF LIFE

da****

• Members
Posted

People who can truly enjoy misery and be happy about it are psychopaths in my opinion.
But I like the text anyway. If you look at something from the total point of view, it becomes easier to accept misery as a part of life and moving on becomes easier.

• Members
Posted

I interpret the message in this way: the ultimate goal is to be as happy as possible, at all times. However, feelings of suffering should be dealth with, as they are a signal that tells that you are focusing on what you don't want instead of what you want. For example: if you have lost your job, and focus on the fact that you have less money than before, you are unhappy. If you ignore that feeling you will not be unhappy anymore, but you haven't dealth with the cause of the suffering. It's like taking a pill to get rid of stress-induced headache, instead of curing yourself by reducing the stress. However, if you look through the feeling of suffering, and reveal what you want, you focus on how a new job would impact your life. In this way, you have transcended unhappiness into happiness.

• Members
Posted
vor 23 Stunden, schrieb Pelle:

However, if you look through the feeling of suffering, and reveal what you want, you focus on how a new job would impact your life. In this way, you have transcended unhappiness into happiness.

Yes and this comes with life experience.
If we feel pain as a kid, we cry, we try to fix the problem and move on. The more experience we build up, the more often we skip the part of crying and go straight to fixing the problem.