Lizzie

Morning routine

Lizzie
Posted
@Bethnicles that sounds great! I'm super inspired by you doing the Morning Pages method, I never heard of it before but just googled it and I definitely wanna try it :)
Posted

On 6/27/2019 at 12:31 PM, SharrySteve1 said:

I like to start my day with a brief gratitude exercise and this motivates me throughout the day. 

For five minutes, I sit in silence with eyes closed. I start by first feeling acceptance for my present reality, no matter how good or bad it is, and slowly begin to think how worse everything could get as I am not entitled to anything. For 2 minutes I appreciate and give thanks to the Source that is responsible for supporting life every moment. And in the last minute, I thank the Source for a particular blessing, benefit I received a day before (for instance, salary coming in the bank, or paying off utility bills, or eating out etc). 

Ever since I came to realise that happiness is actually an effect, not cause, I have been passionately and actively trying to nurture gratitude. Happiness does not have power to create more happiness as it is just an effect or spent force that we spend in sensual pleasure. The result of indulging in happiness is distress because happiness is not a cause (seed). While gratitude or appreciation is the seed that creates happiness. 

Have you experienced this phenomena? Would love to know your views on this.  

Thanks for sharing Steve.  It completely resonates with me. happiness arrises after appreciation of the things that I have and be grateful for them. In the past, I mixed it up and thought I need to get somewhere to become happy.

huma
Posted

I have to defend:yum:@Enriqueto, @Yvonne because I drink so much coffee too :joy: I agree, it's not good but I LOVE the taste and a big part of my morning routine is coffee and breakfast. But I have to admit, after some years I think my body said "enough with this speed" and I started to have heartthrobs. Now I let myself drink coffee in the morning but cut down on it after noon and switch to tea. 

Besides coffee the habit I love for my mornings is tidying up my house and making the bed. It also helps me to have a nice evening. After coming back from work or having time out with friends, I want my home to provide me with a cosy welcome so finding the house tidy in the evening is important for me.