Lizzie

Diet and happiness - The Blood Type Diet

Lizzie
Posted

I think there is a strong correlation between what we eat and our mental health and wellbeing. 

Recently I read about someone who was starting to eat according to her blood type - apparently, there are special foods that are better for certain blood types and some that should be avoided. Has anyone looked into The Blood Type Diet or even tried it? I think it sounds really interesting and makes a lot of sense too! 

Bjoern
Posted
to be honest, i´m not even sure about my blood type.. uppppssss. but indeed this sounds interesting!
Bjoern
Posted
reading this, really short resume, it doesn´t sound too convincing though. at least to me.. https://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/blood-type-diet
Candy
Posted
I heard about that and also did a bit of research on it! But then one day I mentioned it in a group conversation and I think someone said it didn't work for them at all. I think restricting oneself to certain foods only is never a good idea. A well balanced wholefoods diet appears to be the best for all blood and body types, according research. But hey, if it works for some people, then why not? ☺️
Lizzie
Posted

Thanks for your input guys! :) 

HappyJon
Posted

Pretty sure I read a few years back that the blood type diet was pretty much made up and not based on human nutrition.

Food can definitely help with mood though. Healthier the better! 

Hopful45
Posted

Yes I have heard about it and I've used this way of eating for the passed 10 years, I have found that it really works,especially on my mental wellbeing.  If I eat a food that doesn't agree with me I really do feel the difference.  Try it, as long as you use the correct blood type you will surely see a difference in your health. 

outdoorchic13
Posted

I incorporate the Blood Type Diet in my life as well as with my clients. In a nutshell....the research began when Dr. D Amato began to see a correlation between certain diseases and certain blood types. As our blood evolved it changed our histamine responses to food, supplements, and/or whatever we put in our bodies. These responses either cause inflammation or decrease inflammation. And we all know inflammation is the leading cause of most dis-eases in the body. There are certain foods that are considered poison/toxic, neutral and medicinal to each blood type. Begin adding in more medicinal and limited the toxic.