Jalloul

COVID-19 and Children

Jalloul
Posted

I would like to ask about to what extent are children likely to be infected by this virus? And What are the major steps that should be take and prevent such infections.

Thank you 

DrJBear20
Posted

Children are every bit as susceptible as adults..

Lizzie
Posted

Hi Jalloul!
This pandemic has left us all feeling worried and full of questions on what to do or not to do. I strongly suggest you call your doctor directly if you have any concerns regarding your health.
The general recommendation tends to be to socially distance, stay home if you have any symtoms or feel sick at all, and in many cases to wear a mask when you're out in public. The recommendations are however different in different places, so you'd need to check what is said in your city/country.
Stay strong and stay safe! 🙏

Julius
Posted

Some large scale studies in various countries have shown that infection rates are absolutely similar in all age groups. In Sweden for example the percentage of infected children was equally high as adults or seniors. However as children have much stronger immune systems nearly all of their infections go asymptomatic and undetected. After having researched extensively about Covid-19, personally I don't worry at all about children in my family or myself being infected. The younger and healthier one is, the lower the chance of even any symptoms showing up. Unless their immune system is heavily compromised in my opinion there is very little need to worry.