• Members
Posted

Is everyone like me and think it will be a long time before we get back to normal,  or will there ever be a normal again .

• Members
mrperkins
Posted

It will be a long time.  And, I don't think things will go back to the way they were.  That is both good and bad.

Avarice,  greed, and ignorance have made this whole thing a disaster.  It was bad enough, but our inadequate and delayed response, coupled with a lack of discipline, has made it much worse. We are floundering.  We lack a cohesive, coherent, and reasoned response. The question is will we learn from it.

This is like a stress test. All our individual and collective weaknesses are exposed. Like raw nerves.  What to do?

Victor Frankl said: “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” 

I think this is an opportunity for us to re calibrate ourselves, and if enough of us do that we can re-calibrate our nation.

When I was a Corpsman the Marines taught me to "embrace the suck." A nicer mindfulness way to put it is radical acceptance with a dab of hope.

Mike

Posted

I live in Spain and we've been one of the hardest hit countries, according to the numbers. I don't know what 'normal' means for you, but we've since come out of a severe lockdown and are now back to a life that was somewhat like before, but not quite, as this long period of silence and quiet for many was a blessing in disguise to contemplate and reflect on what we thought was the way to live life. The 'new normal' as I like to call it, sees our once tourist overrun city returned back to the people who were born and live here permanently. People are happier, calmer, and have a new lust for life. Local travel and consumption has increased, and I think there's a greater appreciation for nature and others. So whatever the 'normal' was before the virus hit the world, I am glad that we didn't go back to that. This new normal is a better way to live for everyone, in my opinion.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

A healthy mind is the soul of a healthy body. Follow these Health and wellness tips to  stay fit  during Covid-19 Isolation

Edited by amayaan