Friends: Do you even need them? How do you make new friends?

Calvin77

• Members
Posted

It depends upon how you define friendship, and what you need friends for.

My personal opinion is that we need people we can talk with. There are things we can only talk about in specific group age. So, i would call everyone my friend if that person listens to me closely, understands me and takes active interest. 

However, there are people in my life with whom i have close bond, an attraction that i do not feel towards others. There are people i feel happy when i am in their company. I would call them my close friends, or real friends. So, yes we do need friends. And NO, we do not need friends. It all depends upon how we define friendship.

As far as how we make friends, we cannot make friends with everyone. I interact with everyone, and among them, i decide who i want to be friends with based on how i feel about that person after few encounters, and based on how much that person fits on the ethical scale that i have set to be friends with someone.. 

• 5 months later...
  • Members
Posted

Friendship does matter. Yes, it's not just a word, it's a feeling, connectivity of two or more people heart to heart. When your lovelife lets you down and your family turns their back on you, you friendship can sustain your sanity. So take good care of your friendship and don't be afraid to make new friends because it will lasts a lifetime even when all else are gone.