Does it sound like he ended things between us?

Ma****

• Members
Posted

I've been casually hooking up with this guy for nine months now. He called me a friend once so I assume that he concerns me a friend. The last time I saw him was at the end of March. He told me he was laid off from work, and that his mom has cancer, and that he's helping to see about her. When he was leaving, he hugged me, and he touched my backside, and said see you later. I wonder if that means he actually wants to see me again. I know he's going through a lot right now.

I texted him a couple of weeks ago to check on him. And he said he's been better and that he had been assaulted by his female friend. (In January he let his friend of 10 years and her kid move in with him. He was trying to help her out because she was having a difficult time). I asked him if he was ok, and he said yes and that he was glad she out of his house. I told him to let me know if he needs help with anything and he said he would and said thank you.

• Members
Posted
This sounds tricky. You can never be too sure. I had someone I was seeing casually too that hasn’t come back in 6 months. Keeps saying he’s busy with stuff.

Anyway, as for your situation it seems as if he really does care for you but has put meeting on hold due to his mom being sick and other things. The fact that he still answers your text and has not ghosted you means he likes you. It could be that during his vulnerable state he doesn’t wish to establish anything deeper than what you too have at the moment.

I say give him a few more months then ask him directly if he’d like to resume meeting with you at some point. Are you the only one reaching out to him? Do you always text him first? That in itself could be a sign.

Good luck
  • Members
Posted
57 minutes ago, PigsandRainbows82 said:

This sounds tricky. You can never be too sure. I had someone I was seeing casually too that hasn’t come back in 6 months. Keeps saying he’s busy with stuff.

Anyway, as for your situation it seems as if he really does care for you but has put meeting on hold due to his mom being sick and other things. The fact that he still answers your text and has not ghosted you means he likes you. It could be that during his vulnerable state he doesn’t wish to establish anything deeper than what you too have at the moment.

I say give him a few more months then ask him directly if he’d like to resume meeting with you at some point. Are you the only one reaching out to him? Do you always text him first? That in itself could be a sign.

Good luck

Thank you for your input he's never been the type to really reach out first. There has been a couple of times when he has though. Once I asked him about that in person and he said he didn't really like texting much. I think I'll just go with the flow I'm not going to put a time frame on anything. I actually told him that I'd rather he spend time with his mom if he means he doesn't have time to see me. And I know he's going through a rough time right now. Thanks. 

• Members
Posted
Very reasonable. Hope all works out.
  • Members
Posted

A very important part of relationships is communication.
So if you want to meet him, tell him. He has a rough time, but at somepoint you should stand up for yourself.

Sometimes standing up for yourself can lead to a fight, but that's okay, because it's the only way to make both of you happy.