Moving on

• Members
Posted
So I wrote previously about a man I was in love with. I empathized with him and gave my all. I continued to reach out remaining loyal and trying to be his friend, but this morning was the last straw. He demonstrated that he doesn’t want anything to do with me at all. Not even just plain friendship. His constant disrespect and disregard for my feelings reached a breaking point today. Screw him! I’m gonna focus on investing time in people who are actually respectful to me and are making an effort to connect (platonically with no pressure). Just needed to vent here. I will still love the other guy from a distance.
  • Members
Posted

To me, it was an important lesson learning to make my happiness independent from other people. When I was single, there was a phase where I thought I need a girlffriend to be happy. So I gave my all for a lot of dates and got nothing back.

So I stopped giving my all to strangers and I gave my all to me. I took care of myself, took myself out to dinner, went to the cinema, got some new outfits and made myself comfortable. And then, when I was happy with my friends and I didn't expect anything at all, I found my girlfriend.
Maybe you can do the same.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Many people including myself have mistaken what love looks like and haven mistaken it for attachment. Elevate your self worth you deserve more than that and have a man meet you where your at and don't settle or lower your expectations for anything less than what you want 💚

Edited by LisaLove27
  • Members
Posted
I appreciate both comments. Thank you both for the encouragement. Yes, maybe it is attachment and not love. Yes, I will stop wasting time getting nothing back for what I’m giving out. If I need sex it’s alway available. I don’t need a boyfriend for that.