Miracles do happen.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Up until a few years ago I was desperately looking for a girlfriend, because I never had one before and I felt like I needed one to make my life complete. I was very dissappointed, because I had been "the good guy" for all my life. Good education, good job, friendly, ... And I watched so many disrespectful mean guys with beautiful girls, while I was still alone. This doesn't make any sense to me - even to this day.

But this time of my life taught me the high value of a healthy relationship. It is really hard to find and worth fighting for.

Then I stopped looking, I put the remaining energy into caring about myself. I did what I like to do with other people (in this case console gaming) and I got to know a woman who became the best girlfriend I could ever wish for.

And it was a totally different way of getting to know someone. When online dating, I picked people by location, by age and by looks. But when gaming I just picked good teammates, who are fun to play with.

This way I found a girlfriend who shares my hobby and who is fun to make mistakes with.

In the end, I think the hard time before was necessary to prepare myself for this moment. Many other people throw relationships away like old bread, but not me.

Edited by suedseefrucht