Was his text for someone else?

In****

• Members
Posted

I am on holiday with my boyfriend of 5 years.

We have both put weight on and he keeps standing infront of the full length mirror saying how fat he is, look at his belly etc. (He hasn't got a full length mirror so said he didn't realise he was that big, but we both know there's no problems with attraction to each other)

We came back from the pool and took our swimwear off. He sat on the bed naked, in front of the mirror and i took the first shower. While I was in the shower he took a photo of himself in the mirror and sent it to me. The photo was unflattering and in the position he would normally sit on the bed so at first I thought it was probably him making a joke out of the mirror but Because he doesn't normally send photos like that I was worried it was meant for someone else.

I asked him why he sent it and he laughed and said 'have you seen how fat I am?' Then I asked if it was meant for me and he said 'yeah course it is'. He didn't seem phased or uncomfortable in his response. We argued about it and he said it was meant be a funny joke (we both joke at ourselves a lot and the mirror had been a focal point this holiday) he can't believe I'd think it was for another woman and sees it as a totally innocent joke that I'm over reacting too. He let me look at his texts, apps, contacts etc and there is nothing there to indicate cheating, and nothing else in our relationship to indicate cheating.

I think a potential trigger is my ex cheating on me- once he sent me a nude (when he didn't normally) and talked his way out of it- I later found it was sent to multiple women.

So now I'm worried my current boyfriend accidentally sent me a photo meant for another woman. But I can also see that there could be a valid innocent explanation now, as the context is OK (standing infront of mirror laughing at fat belly and he had valid reason be naked, plus the photo was unflattering) and his reaction when I asked him was totally relaxed and normal.

Am I blowing this out of proportion and making a problem that isn't there?

• Members
Posted

Yes I'm over reacting?

• Members
Posted
vor 2 Stunden, schrieb Indie123:

Yes I'm over reacting?

You are probably making a problem that isn't there.