When To walk away??

Ja****

• Members
Posted

Hi Guys, so I’m going on a yr with this guy. I left once after 2 months because I had a mental breakdown and needed to get myself back together.( he put it in my head that I didn’t need my meds anymore and well all on me I tried to go off them. Never doing that again) we got back together after a month and are coming up to a yr. However about a month ago we broke up because he got very angry when I said I was considering going out on a fishing boat with a friend.( yes this friend I met on a dating app but nothing became of it other then we have a friend who we can talk about things with and count on if ever needed help. Now my guy has the same situation with a female friend and they text every day. He wants me to never talk to my friend again but it’s ok for him to talk with his friend. I have met her she is a great person I trust him but I hate that I sleep with him and every morning there she is on text before he even rolls over to say good morning.  His answer is she is all I have. If you leave I have nobody else, no friends family to rely on if something were to happen. she will always be there.   It makes me pull away every time I see her text come through or comment on his posts on social media.  He is great is the first man to ever make me feel comfortable in my own skin and beautiful at the age of 52. Years . I mean I don’t mind her being a friend but don’t visit her without me and no need to text every day that to me is more than friends. Even though he isn’t attracted to her she is in love with him ( she is also in a relationship at the moment but would drop him if she thought she could have my guy).  Advise on how to handle this. I love him and would love to move in with him but how can I agree to that with this issue?

• Members
Posted

Welcome.

So you got together a year ago and you already broke up twice...
To me, it would feel risky to move in together with this history. If you break up and things get ugly, you might end up with having to pay the appartment/house on your own.
So I would make sure it's a long term relationship before moving in together.

I think you should talk to each other. List the things that you don't like (female friend), list the things that he doesn't like (male friend), talk about how these things make you feel and try to find a compromise in order to achieve a long term relationship.

If you can't come to an aggreement, your wishes and priorities are not compatible and it wouldn't last very long.