Feeling stressed and overwhelmed

Vp****

• Members
Posted

Hi all,

I moved with 2 people in January 2023 in a basement in Scarborough and the rent was overall 2100$. We’re 4 people - 2 couples. At start the other couple x said that the boyfriend has 2 full time jobs in IT and there’s 1 big and 1 small room so in start before moving it was on call that the girl said you guys can stay for 6 months and we can stay for 6 months. But then I had the decency to tell them that it’s okay I understand if you have two jobs wfh so you guys can stay. Now after 3 months he lost both the jobs and then I thought okay now that girl said so I reminded her in mid June that we agreed to change so from next month let’s change rooms. They said okay and then July was about to start and they say one of our friend is coming so we’re 3 people and want to stay in bigger room. We then said if you want to stay in bigger room you can pay extra. In mid July they said the girl doesn’t like the smaller room because it’s dark so we’ll pay 80$ extra now they pay extra for august and today they were like we never said the 6 months thing. I mean the decency of these people to literally just lie because they don’t want to stay in smaller room. They’re like we’re not going to change the room nor are we going to pay extra.

Nothing is mentioned in lease but they gave the verbal agreement of paying 80$ extra and they did for august but now they just flipped

Please advice if there’s anything we can do in this situation. I don’t mind paying the same rent if they give us bigger room but it’s also about decency and consideration for others.

Thank you