New here and into Art. :)

Posted

Welcome @Sandra-1940, ? What a beautiful idea to call for the artists in the community.

I draw and sometimes do sculptures or jewellery.

@Gee thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to seeing more of the creativity shared here. ❤️

• Members
Posted

Hi, I am new to the group, and also a lapsed artist...I studied art and graphic communication at University, and taught various forms of 2D and 3D art forms over the years. Family commitments eroded my ability to practice to zero, and a diagnosis of MS has led to significant emotional and physical changes that can be challenging. I do want to return to some form of art practice, but it is finding a voice that resonates - and a space to 'resonate' in. I keep dabbling but just cannot build up momentum to keep going...like trying to start a car on a cold morning. So many 'excuses', I know, but they are real concerns and limitations that I haven't yet found a solution for...

Pastel Prince 05.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

• Members
Posted (edited)

Greetings! 

I joined about 5 minutes ago  

I write and play with digital manipulation and compositing....

.... my face lol

73b913fd-4c3a-4241-b66b-e331d28f54ad.jpg

Edited by Sharonlee
  • Members
Posted
On 11/5/2019 at 9:30 AM, Tine said:

Welcome @Sandra-1940, ? What a beautiful idea to call for the artists in the community.

I draw and sometimes do sculptures or jewellery.

@Gee thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to seeing more of the creativity shared here. ❤️

Fantastic, nice to meet you, I should post some art just navigating my way round this. :)

• Members
Posted

I paint a bit - only to empty my mind. Music is my thing. I write chilled out electronica and ambient, mostly for fun but I'm lucky enough to make a little money from it........sometimes ?

• Members
Posted
Hi! Im new to this group. Beena serious dabbler with spirituality all life, had a wake up call and ive been seriously focused on inner work and connection to the divine. I always wanted to do art but I never did and I never really explored why until this spiritual awakening happened over the last year and I started looking at limiting belief systems. And I realized it all went back to when I was a kid in grade school and my voice teacher who probably thought she was just encouraging me, told me my talent was in music not art and I shouldn’t do art which I don’t know why anyone would tell a kid that. Regardless for my entire life I never even really tried and I just woke up to that and went I love doing art this is so fun and I’ve been doing it as much as I can over the last year.I’ve already been in two small shows. I mostly work with acrylic paint on canvas, I play around with sketchy and watercolor but I’m not very good at it but I seem to have better success with acrylic paint. My instagram is laurieblanchardart.