Allow me to introduce myself ...

• Members
Posted

Greetings. My name is Garth Spencer, I live in Vancouver, Canada, and I see things sideways. Does anybody else here tend not to get ordinary assumptions, or make observations that other people don't follow?

Posted

Hi Garth, and welcome to happiness! ? Could you give an example of one of these observations you've made? 

• Members
Posted

Welcome, Garth. I am still trying to figure this site out myself. And yes, I often make assumptions that others don't, I have a different perspective on life than most people, I suppose. I never realized that until I met my current husband, we see the world quite differently.

• Members
Posted
Just got back from a vacation in Vancouver where my family has been taken over by a Texan Evangelical church group. Looking for words of wisdom to make them lead a humanist happy daily life.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

It's been my experience that you cannot change or help other people, unless they want to. You best option is to be a good example of how you can be a good, happy person without religion. Hopefully they might see the value in it, maybe not. But you still get to be you.