How to deal with energy thieves

Li****

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

I think it happens to most of us. Have you tried speaking to her about your feelings? Sometimes that can help and create an even stronger friendship bond. Ultimately, t is an opportunity to work on oneself, defining boundaries, practising authentic and transparent communication...but often I also feel too overwhelmed to go that way. Good luck!

• Members
Posted
On 5/15/2019 at 9:05 AM, Lizzie said:

How do you deal with energy thieves? 

Have you talked to her about that? I mean, you could address this issue in a diplomatic way.

• 2 months later...
  • Members
Posted

I guess I agree with you all about talking to her. Also, maybe thinking again about why she's so negative, which things she has a point and which things she might be exaggerating would be a good approach. Sometimes people have some kind of "chain effect" and start to see every event negative. So if you can show her that you understand her feelings and show support about being upset or negative about some things she might be more open to think again and accept the things she exaggerates. 

• 1 month later...
Posted

I can recommend this video here.

• 9 months later...
  • Members
Posted

My Master once said when someone is destructive, the more we should be constructive.

However I do realized that, very often, we are not able to do any rational thinking to sort ourselves out in these situations. It was like it's better not to react nor respond, that otherwise would suck out everything from us like a whirlpool.

On the positive side, I do find certain Buddhist mantra does helps to rejuvenate my energy - like in the recent cases of eclipse and Jupiter alignment, where it's the celestial objects instead of people.