Fibromyalgia

Ma****

• Members
Posted

Hi, fellow fibromyalgia warrior,

Only us who have it can understand how bad it is. Sometimes my mind just goes completely blank and will stop me from being able to think or count or remember things. It’s terrible! My work won’t allow me to be gentle to myself on hard days ?. I won’t call in sick on bad days because I don’t like to let people down and I won’t complain about it or say I can’t do something. I don’t like to ask for help. It seems I look after everyone but myself.

xXx

• Members
Posted
My mum has it. She pushes herself way too hard too. And when she gets a slight cold it will knock her down for days more than normal. But she will still persevere. Although I don't know how people with it cope, I can empathize
Posted

Just recently I talked to a woman who said this "The usual suspect for fibromyralgia is someone who pushes through their personal limits continuously with no time to recover to support others." However I am not knowledgebale about it, how it's caused and such. I found this quote interessting because it also described my mum well who suffered from Polymyalgia rheumatica PMR for 10 years.

• Members
Posted

Thank you everyone, for your kind comments ? xXx

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted
Your bravery will not go unnoticed. Often times we can't see the reason behind the suffering....but rest assured what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, usually in preparation for something we could never have imagined. Hang in there and keep helping :-)
  • Members
Posted
There are also many eating habits that cause these pains and would be happy to discuss :-)