Buying Fairtrade

Li****

Posted

I try to buy as much as I can Fair Trade, but I would argue that it differs depending on where you live and what you can afford. Conventional cotton is not Fair Trade, for example, but that's what the majority of the so-called 'fast fashion' clothing stores produce and sell, and what majority of the world's population buys, because sadly not everyone can afford to buy FairTrade items, and for many, it's considered the more expensive option, rather than the norm.

Thanks for bringing up this topic @Lizzie I think it's very important that we know what Fair Trade is and how our choices can make huge positive differences in the lives of the farmers growing the things we love to eat and buy. According to the Fair Trade Foundation, there are currently over 6000 Fair Trade products available all over the world.
If you don't mind, I'd like to share this little link for anyone curious to know more or get involved. ☺️

Posted

Thanks for sharing that link Candy, that's super helpful for learning more about Fairtrade! ?? It's definitely a question of money too since the fairtrade items are more expensive than regular ones and not everyone will be able to afford it.