Diet and happiness - The Blood Type Diet

Li****

Posted

I think there is a strong correlation between what we eat and our mental health and wellbeing. 

Recently I read about someone who was starting to eat according to her blood type - apparently, there are special foods that are better for certain blood types and some that should be avoided. Has anyone looked into The Blood Type Diet or even tried it? I think it sounds really interesting and makes a lot of sense too! 

Posted
to be honest, i´m not even sure about my blood type.. uppppssss. but indeed this sounds interesting!
Posted
reading this, really short resume, it doesn´t sound too convincing though. at least to me.. https://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/blood-type-diet
Posted
I heard about that and also did a bit of research on it! But then one day I mentioned it in a group conversation and I think someone said it didn't work for them at all. I think restricting oneself to certain foods only is never a good idea. A well balanced wholefoods diet appears to be the best for all blood and body types, according research. But hey, if it works for some people, then why not? ☺️
Posted

Thanks for your input guys! :) 

• 3 months later...
  • Members
Posted

Pretty sure I read a few years back that the blood type diet was pretty much made up and not based on human nutrition.

Food can definitely help with mood though. Healthier the better! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Yes I have heard about it and I've used this way of eating for the passed 10 years, I have found that it really works,especially on my mental wellbeing.  If I eat a food that doesn't agree with me I really do feel the difference.  Try it, as long as you use the correct blood type you will surely see a difference in your health. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

I incorporate the Blood Type Diet in my life as well as with my clients. In a nutshell....the research began when Dr. D Amato began to see a correlation between certain diseases and certain blood types. As our blood evolved it changed our histamine responses to food, supplements, and/or whatever we put in our bodies. These responses either cause inflammation or decrease inflammation. And we all know inflammation is the leading cause of most dis-eases in the body. There are certain foods that are considered poison/toxic, neutral and medicinal to each blood type. Begin adding in more medicinal and limited the toxic.