A hug a day

• Members
Posted

It makes me very sad to know that you and others in isolation are suffering so deeply due to the lack of physical connection with other humans. This shall pass and I hope everyone can find ways to manage their suffering until they can find sanctuary once again in the arms of others. I would love to hear more on your experience becoming a touch/cuddle therapist. I find this occupation option fascinating and intriguing. It does sound quite rewarding.

• Members
Posted

Hi Simon..I'm sorry if you are sad and isolated..I hope things get better for you..I understand about being lonely..I hope that you can find peace.

• Members
Posted
10 hours ago, BeingBre said:

It makes me very sad to know that you and others in isolation are suffering so deeply due to the lack of physical connection with other humans. This shall pass and I hope everyone can find ways to manage their suffering until they can find sanctuary once again in the arms of others. I would love to hear more on your experience becoming a touch/cuddle therapist. I find this occupation option fascinating and intriguing. It does sound quite rewarding.

Thank you Bre, such true words there. I have always been a big huger, I feel such a connection with others, I'm also an empath a big one at that. I now have a cuddle super power lol, I truly see a person's soul when i hug, sometimes beautiful others deep and difficult. Usually allot of tears.

It's crazy how we deny eachother that sacred unconditional connection in a held space, people only get that usually from a parent, child, lover. It's so so so powerful, I love it it's so amazing to help people be and feel seen and safe.  Hugging for 30 mins to an hour or two or going for a walk, holding hands, just having a true unconditional human to human connection. I personally hug my doctor, bank manager and most people I come into contact with. Big hugs मोहब्बत☮️☯️?X

• Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, SweetSue73 said:

Hi Simon..I'm sorry if you are sad and isolated..I hope things get better for you..I understand about being lonely..I hope that you can find peace.

• Members
Posted

Thank you Sue, I can always walk with peace, I enjoy re connecting with my me, but it's the lack of human connection, I have friends call round and we talk through the window, but it's not the same. big hugs मोहब्बत☮️☯️?X

4 minutes ago, Simonb69 said:

4 minutes ago, Simonb69 said:

Posted

Really important to bring up during these times, thank you for sharing how you're feeling ? 
It's a good reminder to check in on people you know who are alone during this self isolation, a phone call can mean so much! 

• Members
Posted

I am with you , a hug is so regulating to "jangled " nervous systems , I love them , also leaning into /onto another back to back .

• Members
Posted

hi simon..being alone is very importnat but lonliness kills at time. Try to feel alone rather than lonliness. one suggestion..imagine a character u always wanted in ur life and start thinking he or she is residing with u ...try this ....it helps..

lots of blessings 

• Members
Posted

This is so true and thank you for pointing this out. For yes, technology has been a beautiful thing during this to keep us connected, but physical touch from another is needed. I miss giving Heart to Heart Hugs to those in my life for that made me feel their love/energy on a new level. People need physical touch from a loved one for it not only makes us comfortable it also keeps us healthy. It stimulates the natural serotonin in your mind releasing the happiness. How does one become a touch/cuddle therapist and what do your sessions look like? I am honestly intrigued by your profession and love what you do!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

Such an interesting discussion. Personally I crave a hug more than I ever thought possible. In general I’m not overtly comfortable with someone I don’t know hugging me. I realised this quite recently when I was introduced to a new group of people, totally out of my comfort zone! They are a church group who help people in the community and wider area. I’m not really a church visiting person. They all greeted me so openly and most tried to offer hugs. I offered an extremely uncomfortable hug in return. It was alien to me. Yet sat in lockdown unable to interact on a face to face level with my family and friends I crave holding them and just touching them. It’s made me realise how truly valuable and undervalued the human touch really is. ❤️? hope all that read this is safe and well. Nothing stays the same for ever and we will come through this.peace and love to all❤️??