Feelings: what we expect and how they really are for us

Tine

Posted

I realized a gap between how - for example in movies - feelings are portraied and how I often experience them in real life.

Homesickness is an example - I just never had that big time. At times I felt guilty because I thought it means that I do not love/ appreciate my family and friends. 

In reality I think I am totally ok, but my expectation of how I should feel are off, due to the constant exageration in the media. Exagerated feelings, beauty, experiences, ... some people might feel this way but it doesn't mean that everyone has to.

• Members
Posted

I don't think, Harry Potter felt homesickness :D

• Members
Posted
Movies are just for entertainment but we know movies are very responsible for drive the social trends to fashion and joy. Young generation expect too much from movies and after get normal return from movies, they cough in depression and that is not what we want to expect. Normal people expectation from movies are high but in reality they are just for spend some time for excitement. Ofcourse suggest good movies to others because they are impacting their lifes.