morals causing anxiety

Si****

• Members
Posted

A little background.  I have major depressive disorder with manic tendencies.  This also causes issues with anxiety and at times mental fog.  I've never been the most moral person, which is kind of my current issue, but as I get older I'm learning and leaning on morals more.  So here's my issue that I need some advice, hopefully to settle my anxiety a bit. I currently work for a long term care facility as maintenance.  I have seen many issues that I feel need immediate attention, but my superiors do not feel the same.  Some of the issues are ones that will cause a lot of problems in the future, others, like the most recent, can cause major health issues in my opinion (it would even cause health issues with younger healthier people).  My superior told me to ignore, to just make it look good on the surface.  I really don't feel that's right. I was hired to take care of the facility for the best interest of the residents (primarily).  I don't feel that I'm doing the best of my abilities by doing as my superior has told me on numerous times.  The residents pay to live there and deserve better. What should I do?  This is eating me from the inside out