All lost

• Members
Posted
I used to be a strong boy who could broke coconut by punch. When I turn 20 (in 2018) from then misery in life started. Middle of 2018 Just finished my diploma engineering degree and it was time for me to start a new life, a new career. But in that time I fell sick so bad for 6 months I couldn't do a thing. Went to few doctors they couldn't help much. Finally found a doctor who could really diagnosed my problem, and it is a bad DNA related rare disease. No I won't die quick but will suffer for rest of my life. Last quarter of 2018 I was getting a little better and felt the same young energy again, I decided to go Russia for higher studies. Did as thought, February 2019 I went to Russia, things were good but for only a little while. I got sick again but this time problem was much worse because I wasn't good at Russian language to explain what was really going on with me and couldn't understand words from my doctor basically lost in translation. I was taking too much pain killer everyday that my condition was getting more bad. Took a leave from university and flee back home for treatment. Good thing I did that if not I could've risk my life. Get treated, get good and get back to Russia again in February 2020. And not long after that corona virus pandemic broke out. I was studying on self finance, but during that time my father's business was at stop, I have a big family so things were little out of control. And things kept getting worse, my father had a brain stroke and got half paralyzed. I was so depressed at that moment I couldn't even came back to see him because of flight restrictions. In August 2020 I quit my studies and came back for good. I stayed almost 18 months in Russia, went to study but couldn't study at all because of all the hardships I was having, wasted time and money.
As of today I not fully healthy as I said I'll suffer rest of life, I can't do stressful works, I'm educated enough to do high salary desk jobs either. I'm enduring the pain, the stress but don't know how long I can take it all.
  • Members
Posted (edited)

First of all, thanks for sharing your story.
I'm an engineer too and it can be stressful sometimes. Fortunately, I found a job where quality is more important than speed, so there is not too much stress.

11 hours ago, Kausar277 said:

I'm educated enough to do high salary desk jobs either

I guess, there is a "not" missing?
There where internships attached to your diploma studies, right?
So did you try to work as an engineer yet, so you can tell if it is too much stress for you?
If not, you should try an internship first, just to get to know the work.

Also, you don't have to go the way, people expect you to go. If you figure, you can't work as an engineer, you are free to do something else. Yes, you might not need your diploma anymore, but you gained experience.

I don't know if you studied mechanical, electrical or some other kind of engineering, but you could just become a mechanic or electronics technician, if you like.

To me, a good work life balance is more important than a high salary job anyway. If you earn enough money to get by, everything above is just a bonus.

Edited by suedseefrucht
  • Members
Posted
26 minutes ago, suedseefrucht said:

First of all, thanks for sharing your story.
I'm an engineer too and it can be stressful sometimes. Fortunately, I found a job where quality is more important than speed, so there is not too much stress.

I guess, there is a "not" missing?
There where internships attached to your diploma studies, right?
So did you try to work as an engineer yet, so you can tell if it is too much stress for you?
If not, you should try an internship first, just to get to know the work.

Also, you don't have to go the way, people expect you to go. If you figure, you can't work as an engineer, you are free to do something else. Yes, you might not need your diploma anymore, but you gained experience.

I don't know if you studied mechanical, electrical or some other kind of engineering, but you could just become a mechanic or electronics technician, if you like.

To me, a good work life balance is more important than a high salary job anyway. If you earn enough money to get by, everything above is just a bonus.

Yes buddy there is a 'not' missing, so bad can't even edit it. I did Diploma Engineering in Automobile Technology. Working on vehicles is really difficult sometimes. But sure thing you and I share some same thought, as now I'm working as an electronic repair technician. Not the field I'm expert in but I can repair mobile phones. Not making much money yet, hope someday.

• Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Kausar277 said:

Not the field I'm expert in but I can repair mobile phones.

That's great!
I worked in a computer repair shop for 4 weeks and it was great.
People go there, knowing their device is wrecked and it's a great feeling to surprise them with it working again.

Most people think, the more money, the better, but the happiest people are the ones, covered in mud after an active day of work.

Posted

Hello @Kausar277 thank you for sharing your story here. It must have been really tough and I guess it still is.

I also picked up on the topic of electronics repair and I honestly think that's of of the most important skills of the future.

There are many reason repairing something is much better than throwing it away and buying it new. It's more sustainable, it's more affordable, it's less dependant on supply chains and the availability of raw materials.

Also, as @suedseefrucht already mentioned, it's quite satisfying. We recently spend at least 10 hours trying to figure out what's wrong with our old dishwasher. In the end we got it fixed with a electronic piece that did cost less than 2€ - along the way we learned a lot and made a big mess of the kitchen.

• Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Tine said:

There are many reason repairing something is much better than throwing it away and buying it new. It's more sustainable, it's more affordable, it's less dependant on supply chains and the availability of raw materials.

I created a new topic for this, just to stay on topic here :D

• Members
Posted

Hey Kausar, I'm new here but from reading what you wrote, I'm thinking that it's a bit more maybe going on with you that just genetics. I would guess you have had some very traumatic experiences early in life, like really, really early and that would mean it's hard for you to talk about it because young children can't........... EMDR is a very good thing to try. Many therapists do this, very non invasive, just have to find one that does it. I don't want you to think that this is just something you are going to have to deal with all your life because we are moving in a river that is always changing so we're not stuck unless we think we are.