Ge****

• Members
Posted

Additionally I want you show up three very helpful youtube videos:

• Members
Posted

First of all, thanks for sharing.
Some of the symptoms apply to me too. 
In my school time I was something of a nerd. So I felt inferior too and I didn't spend much time with other people, even though I got some friends.
I rarely say no, because I'm helpful until someone shows me, he/she doesn't  deserve it.

I think, there's nothing wrong with a little bit of humility.

1 hour ago, Gerry said:

Anxious-avoidant personality disorder is characterized primarily by the fact that one feels very self-conscious, unattractive and inferior

Self-conscious and inferior? How can one feel both at the same time?

To me, it depends on the field and on whom I compare with.

• Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, suedseefrucht said:

Self-conscious and inferior? How can one feel both at the same time?

To me, it depends on the field and on whom I compare with.

As I said: It's google translated. 

German: Eine Ängstlich-vermeidende Persönlichkeitsstörung zeichnet sich primär dadurch aus, dass man sich selbst sehr gehemmt, unattraktiv und minderwertig fühlt ....

English should be: Anxious-avoidant personality disorder is characterized primarily by the fact that one feels very inhibited, unattractive and inferior....

Sometimes translators doing weird things. I'll correct it in the main text.

Posted

@Gerry Thank you for adding the videos too. Though I read the text the videos recap some important info - it's a bit like the good educator at school who would repeat things at the end for better understanding and remembering. 🙂

I can relate to some aspects but the whole picture of it is truly overwhelming to even imagine.

Here's a though I had. Knowing what's going on and educating around it as you do is useful as people have the tendency to make everything about themselves. So if you aren't happy around them they might take that as a sign that you don't like them, they did something wrong or whatever self-critical thoughts humans come up with.

Letting go of that might help to ease those relationships.

• Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Tine said:

So if you aren't happy around them they might take that as a sign that you don't like them, they did something wrong or whatever self-critical thoughts humans come up with.

Letting go of that might help to ease those relationships.

To letting got of that is not ... so easy. It's burned inside me. It's part of the sympthoms to beeing hardly self-critical. Additionally: "All things you doing are timewasted". 
First of all I#ve to learn the the biggest part of my laziness, self critical behavior, and fears are an illness. And this... will be very hard, because my whole life it was a normal state for me.

• Members
Posted
39 minutes ago, Gerry said:

"All things you doing are timewasted"

You will have to define a waste of time by yourself.
If people tell you, your are wasting your time by doing something you like, they are wrong, because it makes you happy. And making yourself happy is never a waste of time.

• Members
Posted
12 minutes ago, suedseefrucht said:

If people tell you, your are wasting your time by doing something you like, they are wrong, because it makes you happy

The problem of the dysthymia is, you are not feeling happiness. And all you do is time wasting. 
I don't care about "Time waste" quotes of others. I never did because my point of view is the same like yours. Do what makes you happy.

But in my case, and in the case of other sick people, there is a wall of dark clouds mostly anytime. We do things ... to do something. :)

Posted
1 hour ago, Gerry said:

my laziness

A question that comes to mind having read all that is: Are you really lazy or is this the self criticism, perceived time wasting speaking?

• Members
Posted
3 hours ago, Tine said:

A question that comes to mind having read all that is: Are you really lazy or is this the self criticism, perceived time wasting speaking?

I lazy. But the most laziness is listlessness and this is, sadly, a part of the both diagnostics :(
I asked my whole life why I won't doing things, or why isn't important to make household or or or. Now I know it. It's because the listlessness which is the result of the lower energy I have :(

• Members
Posted

I don't like making the household too, but I do it anyway and at least I like the result.
So I don't think you should blame the disease for everything. This would demotivate you even more, because you think, it's predetermined.

Giving symptoms a name and calling them a disease can be helpful if there are known antidotes.

But knowing about a disease can also make you feel sick, which can have a negative impact on you.

So my lifestyle is like: When I feel pain, I go to the doctor, but otherwise I'm healthy.

• Members
Posted
56 minutes ago, suedseefrucht said:

I don't like making the household too, but I do it anyway and at least I like the result.
So I don't think you should blame the disease for everything.

Small tipp: Be careful with shoutouts like this. I know, noone like doing household. But often just to *searching for example* think to do the dishes is very exhausting (as I said in my last comment: The deseases are fault for permanent low level energy) and little later I don't have the energy just to stand up to do it. 
Or I stand up, go to the kitchen, and the big monster hand of listlessness grabbing me. 

States like "Don't blame your desease for everything" are completely ... inappropriate. I blamed myself 36 years long because I didn't understood why I'm so lazy or energyless and fight with myself like "You have to do the dishes! NOW!". 

To be real: Since I know the diagnoses I feel a bit ... "better". Or otherwise: I feel less shameful for myself. 

addendum: A friend of mine outet herself as dysthymia patient too. We had a very clear talk about her life. And she has the same problems doing household... and she have to force herself so much because she has two children.

• Members
Posted

Talking about diseases is always a bit tricky. So just in case my comment offended you, I'm sorry.
What you might have understood was: "I don't believe your disease is a real thing. Pull yourself together and get stuff done."
What I meant was: "It's easy to blame things on a disease and to use a disease as an excuse. So there is a danger to put oneself into a cage of surrender, where one stops to even try things. And I would not like you to give up."

Talking to like-minded people fighting the same problems is always a good idea.