One thing I want people to know about me...

• Members
Posted

is a hard question to answer (we are so many things!) One thing right now is that I'm trying to be more in my spirit and body and less in my mind, and another thing is I want to fulfil a dream of being a writer (not just one who writes but one who is read - widely - maybe a bit of ego talking there!) Also I want to form closer connections and be freer in speaking my truth.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Writing sounds great! It seems to be the perfect thing for you, the person living in it's mind. 

Did you write stories before or are you just thinking about it? 

Expression can be great and there are so many ways... 

Like Writing books or songs, painting or making Art,... 

I thought about it too but I didn't find the right way for me yet. I would want to make it perfect and that's why I would start over and over again until I'm not motivated anymore. 

That's why I really respect people who can do it. 

Edited by suedseefrucht
  • Members
Posted

I've written bits of stories and poems - I find it hard to get into the right mood for it or to begin but always enjoy after I have done a bit - trying to establish more of a routine and to not procrastinate! I did a bit today :) 

I believe expression is essential. Recently I learnt that it is ok not to be good at a hobby and to unlearn some of the self-consciousness that can hold me back, it has been a positive step in trying new things and losing a bit of fear of failure or fear of not meeting expectations.

• Members
Posted

Hi Rica, I'm also new here.  Your my first response. I find being my own audience helps me open up in a way that offers up opportunities for real connections as opposed to today's algorithm which I find is anything but me.  I wish you all the best in finding a voice that helps you and others find real peace. 

• Members
Posted (edited)
vor 9 Stunden, schrieb Rica:

I've written bits of stories and poems - I find it hard to get into the right mood for it or to begin but always enjoy after I have done a bit - trying to establish more of a routine and to not procrastinate! I did a bit today :)

That's great!
When I wrote a poem for my engagement, I didn't really use a regular routine. I just kept in mind the last part I needed to find something to rhyme with for. So I could think about it in every free minute until I finally found something good. And then I wrote it down and continued. I feel like pressure is bad for creativity.

When you plan to write a bigger story, I think backwards engineering could be a good way.

In an analysis you try to extract things like a relationship tree,the characters' profiles and so on.
So when writing, you could start with designing the characters, their properties, their relationships and then start writing the story, trying to imagine how each character would react in different situations.

It really sounds like fun :)

Edited by suedseefrucht
  • Members
Posted
I am cheeky, I have a British sense of humour. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I don't take myself too seriously. If something I say upsets you. I'm really sorry I didn't mean too. Please tell me why it upsets you and I'll try to learn from it and I'll also be very grateful for your advice.