Sadness

Mo****

• Members
Posted

A year since my neice took her own life at 16yrs of age. Still a struggle and so many questions that will never be answered.

#########

My heart is heavy

My soul is sad

Didn't think it possible 

To feel this bad. 

###

So many questions 

From that sad, heartbreaking day

When you broke all our hearts

And you didn't want to stay. 

###

We carry on, as people do, 

From One day to the other. 

But emotion, overwhelms our hearts

And we feel like, we are being smothered

###

If only you had just paused your thoughts,

And had a sleep instead

I would never have believed it possible

The turmoil now inside our heads. 

###

The seasons come and the seasons go

But every day, we miss you so. 

The fallen tears from then to now. 

Leaves a sadness, that just seems to grow. 

###

If you are watching, 

From way up above, 

You must surely know 

That you are loved. 

Xcxc 

Posted
ohh wow. that's so sad. hard to cope with it. This is such a beautiful poem raised from the pain that makes me feel your suffering.
  • 2 months later...
  • Members
Posted

So sorry to hear about such a young girl being distraught enough to take her own life.  My husband also committed suicide 9 months ago and I wish he could see how many people really loved him, maybe he would have tried to hang in just a little longer till his depression passed.  I miss him every day and my children and grandchildren miss him.  He was such an awesome man with his own struggles.  

Posted

Sorry to hear @BellaDonna6763 I've lost friends and family to suicide too, and often wish for the same. It never really gets better, but it does get easier somehow, and I like to remember that just because they're no longer here physically, it doesn't mean they're not still with us. I'm currently reading a wonderful book called Signs: The secret language of the Universe which shares stories about families that have experienced the passing of a loved one and the close relationship they begin or continue to have after the passing. It's beautiful. I wish you and your family healing and peace during this time.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

Dear MollyPie71

Your poem is a beautiful dedication to your niece. Thank you 

I know your sorrow, my family recognises your family's trauma, the questions my brother left behind in 2001 stayed unanswered and as your poem knows, that is how they remained. Grief like this is a long pilgrimage and for some it is without end. Not all aspects of grief is suffering, grief also carries wisdom, grief allows and makes us grow. Because somewhere traversing forgiveness, acceptance, compassion, love & letting go grief holds within it a sacred gift. A divine energy that brings those who have no choice when to honour their loved ones, those who can't delay the agonising farewell, a healing beyond grief's veils seeds of loving kindness that harvests an even greater capacity to love themselves and adds further depths to their hearts resources that yields a surplus of inner compassion which in its essence nurtures them and  those they touch for all of time.

I hope this is the right link but came across a reflection given by Tara Brach that really resonated with this issue for me 

https://www.tarabrach.com/?powerpress_pinw=3103-podcast

Edited by NowHereaIsOlly
  • Members
Posted
On 1/30/2020 at 1:40 AM, BellaDonna6763 said:

So sorry to hear about such a young girl being distraught enough to take her own life.  My husband also committed suicide 9 months ago and I wish he could see how many people really loved him, maybe he would have tried to hang in just a little longer till his depression passed.  I miss him every day and my children and grandchildren miss him.  He was such an awesome man with his own struggles.  

Hi BellaDonna6763

I honestly feel that they do see, they do know. I sense it right now my brother knows it is the same for my mother and for her the pain must have been excruciating but today after time she feels this, she is filled with life and love. They do know how many people really loved them. I don't know how I just feel as though I know it.