How to be inspired again

Posted

I've been in a similar position! There is a very good book called The Writer's Way that artists have used to unblock. Have a Google and you should be able to find some more about it and if it could be useful for you :)

• Members
Posted
On 2/4/2020 at 8:33 AM, Lizzie said:

I think everyone can relate to this feeling of being blocked to do something or to get back into a habit of doing something we actually know we really enjoy. I personally never had painting as a hobby, but those few times I have done it, I often felt a bit intimidated. Filling a whole blank canvas with permanent (lol) colors that I can't redo somehow often felt a bit daunting.

I don't know if it is any help, but perhaps you could try start with something smaller, like sketching or making a simpler drawing in pencil in a sketch book? Maybe just look out the window and sketch what you see there, or a stilleben of something you find in your kitchen. In whatever way makes sense to you, start with something light and simple and perhaps that will then give you the inspiration to get back to your creative state ?

Thank you Lizzie, yes it is very helpful. To start with something simple and familiar from my home ? might give me the initial push I need.

I will do that this weekend ?

Thank you again ❤ xx

• Members
Posted
On 2/4/2020 at 10:20 AM, Calvin77 said:

I've been in a similar position! There is a very good book called The Writer's Way that artists have used to unblock. Have a Google and you should be able to find some more about it and if it could be useful for you :)

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for the suggestion, I have researched it on google and then amazon, and I stumbled upon a similar book called the Artist's Way 

Discovering and recovering your creating self...a 12 weak program ?

I ordered it, the book will be with me on Monday.

Thank you for your help, have a lovely weekend ? x?

• Members
Posted
On 2/4/2020 at 3:45 PM, Captian67 said:

I have this. I am blocked. I am aware that my emotional block is not allowing the paint to flow onto the page, I am unable to express myself on the page. I am working on yoga and meditation to unblock these emotions.

The Artist's Way: A Course in Discovering and Recovering Your Creative Self https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1509829474/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IdMpEbEM4Q1VK

Hello Captian,

Thank you for your message, I love yoga too, it is a great way to start the day, also takes away aches and pain ?

I just bought the above book, will let you know how it is, it might help you too ?

Hope you will create again ?????

• Members
Posted
On 2/5/2020 at 4:39 AM, Earthshipmama said:

Sweet soul! Not to be too cliche but this life is for us to "take chances! Make messes! The most amazing things can happen when you realize that it is more important for you to try, to create, than it is for you to worry about things that will never happen if you don't

Thank you Earthshipmama ?

I completly agree! You are an Angel ?

(I have to learn to take chances in every adpect of my life ?)

Have a lovely weekend x 

• Members
Posted
On 2/6/2020 at 8:52 PM, Artemis said:

I have had a block for several years. What has helped is not taking the art seriously and simply painting. For example, I used to paint detailed pictures, now as paint shapes and take happiness from feeling the brush on the page. I don’t thin, I just paint shapes and use colors. It isn’t what a I want to paint, but it is relaxing and it is painting.

Dear Artemis,

I hope you are well. ?

Yes I understand your point and agree.

Start with simple and enjoy. I have a good feeling about this spring coming ?

Hope we can both use our fire again, wich is burning deep inside, we just have to let it out to shine ? x

Posted
13 hours ago, Eduso said:

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for the suggestion, I have researched it on google and then amazon, and I stumbled upon a similar book called the Artist's Way 

Sorry, yes, the Artist's way! That's what I meant LOL. Hope it will be of great help to you :)

• Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Calvin77 said:

Sorry, yes, the Artist's way! That's what I meant LOL. Hope it will be of great help to you :)

Thank you ?