Hi I'm new here and this couldn't have come at a better time!

• Members
Posted

Hello my name is Jovonne. I am very happy to be here. This morning I came across this site because I was looking for classes about grieving and bereavement. I figured it would enhance my studies since I am in school pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Science of Psychology with a concentration in Addictions. I have been in recovery myself for 3+ yrs now. Unbeknownst to me, while I was searching for this course, my 16 yr old son's father passed away this morning. He was only 33yrs old. He had been in recovery as well and relapsed. Addiction has taken his life. I had just been made aware of this a couple hours ago because we live in different states. My son lives with his grandparents. I am absolutely devastated and I hope that I could help my son through this difficult time.

• Members
Posted

I'm sorry for your's and your son's loss. I hope you too have support during this time like your son has you x

• Members
Posted

I am sorry to hear that JoRey. I hope you feel better and have adequate supoort. I will pray for your family's strength and your Son's Dad's peace.
?

Posted

Welcome to happiness Jovonne I'm so sorry to hear what you and your son are going through and can only hope that our community can help you through this time. Sending you energy and positive thoughts ??

• Members
Posted

I am sorry for your pain. Your post really touched my heart and I know just have you feel.  I really do.  My son Robin hung himself 20 months ago. He too was 33.  My Mom died 2 years ago (in 10 days) and so I have confronted the passing of loved ones.  

Please take time for yourself. Don't worry about anyone else other than your child. Don't forget to eat and sleep and all the things we take for granted.  It takes time to process this kind of loss. Everyone has their own time table. 

I am an empath and other things. I can now talk to my son.  One day you may be able to connect with your x's spirit.  But just know he is now out of pain and connected with pure source energy.  He is joyful and excited again about his reality.  If you want to talk to me more please feel free.  *hugs*