Jump to content

I am new to all this


 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted

My name is Desarea and I lost my fiancee to suicide a few years ago and I haven't learned how to grieve yet and lately I been doing really bad.. so here I am to try to connect with others going threw similar things I am so maybe I can learn how to start my grieving process. 

  • Members
Posted
vor 4 Stunden, schrieb DesiLou777:

connect with others going threw similar things

I can't imagine how it feels with suicide but I know the loss of important people.
It was 19 years ago and I still think about him. Especially at christmas, when I meet my family.

We have to accept it and all we can do is keeping them in our memory and honor all the things they taught us.

 

Since it's your fiancee, you two are kind of a unit. And while a part of this unit is somewhere else now, the unit survives and you can keep it alive by remembering and by keeping traditions.

  • Members
Posted
7 hours ago, DesiLou777 said:

My name is Desarea and I lost my fiancee to suicide a few years ago and I haven't learned how to grieve yet and lately I been doing really bad.. so here I am to try to connect with others going threw similar things I am so maybe I can learn how to start my grieving process. 

Hi Desarea,

No wonder we all face ups and downs in life and its difficult to forget whom we love. However, in order to be happy again, we must try to atleast focus on the present. Deep breathing with eyes closed and love meditation helps in recovering. I recommend you try these and share the results.

  • Members
Posted
16 hours ago, SulaimanBarry said:

Hi Desarea,

No wonder we all face ups and downs in life and it's difficult to forget whom we love. However, in order to be happy again, we must try to at least focus on the present. Deep breathing with eyes closed and love meditation helps in recovering. I recommend you try these and share the results.

Hello, and thank you for the advice. I will try that and let you know how it goes. Just give me a couple days to do so since we go out of town to see family in the morning and won't have any service where we will be. I am working on focusing on the present though but sometimes its easier said than done. Plus, I seem to go back and forth with my grieving process for some reason and lately such little things get to me when they never would have before. Well, happy thanksgiving and enjoy your weekend. 

 

  • Members
Posted
20 hours ago, suedseefrucht said:

I can't imagine how it feels with suicide but I know the loss of important people.
It was 19 years ago and I still think about him. Especially at christmas, when I meet my family.

We have to accept it and all we can do is keeping them in our memory and honor all the things they taught us.

 

Since it's your fiancee, you two are kind of a unit. And while a part of this unit is somewhere else now, the unit survives and you can keep it alive by remembering and by keeping traditions.

You're very correct on everything you say. For me it's been easier said than done most times. I am stuck being so angry with so many unanswered questions which has caused a lot of different emotions for me most mostly guilt and confusion. I have come to terms with things, but I am stuck in the angry stage of grief and would really like to learn how to grieve in a much heathier fashion than what i have thus far. Thank you for the advice and I look forward to receiving any information/advice you have to give. Happy thanksgiving and I hope you enjoy your weekend. 

  • Members
Posted
vor 5 Stunden, schrieb DesiLou777:

I am stuck being so angry with so many unanswered questions which has caused a lot of different emotions for me most mostly guilt and confusion.

I think it helps to let it all out. It's okay to cry, scream, shout, ... Sometimes working out can help letting go emotions too.
If you'd like a song to let it all out, my personal recommendation is "One More Light" from Linkin Park with the line "And you're angry, and you should be, it's not fair".

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...