The art of listening

Mi****

• Members
Posted

What to do if everyone is quite, and there is nothing to listen to? 

the art of listening helps when people talk, u listen, and the communication will go fluently, and the other person will be happy bc they can also feel that u listen.

But… in some situations, people will be silence, they will rather listen to u, or they will just not talk. I am just confused how this theory works in these situations

• Members
Posted

I'm confused...

vor 56 Minuten, schrieb Mindfulness-4030:

the art of listening helps when people talk, u listen, and the communication will go fluently, and the other person will be happy bc they can also feel that u listen.

You present your theory "The art of listening" to us...

vor 57 Minuten, schrieb Mindfulness-4030:

But… in some situations, people will be silence, they will rather listen to u, or they will just not talk. I am just confused how this theory works in these situations

And now you want us to explain your theory?

I will try.

There is passive listening, where someone just listens to something and that's it. Passive listening can be boring and it ends, when the speaker is done.

Then there is active listening, where someone is guiding a conversation with questions and interaction to start a conversation and to keep it alive. A good example are interviews and talk shows.

So if you would like to get to know people and nobody is active, then you can be the active part by telling stories and asking questions.

• Members
Posted (edited)

First of all I didnt ask to explain active listening - Thats something else. Secondly Its not “my” theory. 

Im new here and thought people know about Mindfulness. Getting a reply from a kid who thinks this is a question about I cannot communicate r.i.p 

Edited by Mindfulness-4030
  • Members
Posted
vor 25 Minuten, schrieb Mindfulness-4030:

Getting a reply from a kid

Alright. If you want to go the disrespectful way, you are on your own.