Happiness

Su****

• Members
Posted

Once upon a time, an affluent man lived in a city. He was a very successful businessman with abundance of wealth. But, still he was always worried and restless. One day he went to meet a sage in his hermitage which was situated in the forest next to a nearby village. When the man met with the sage, he shared his problem with sage that he has no shortage of anything but still he is always worried.

The sage heard his problem and replied calmly, “Come tomorrow, I will tell you how to stay happy and worry free.”

Next Day, the man reached the hermitage of the sage at the same time. He saw that the sage was looking for something outside his hermitage.

The person asked, “What are you looking for? May I help you!”

The sage replied, “I have lost my ring and I am searching for the same.”

After hearing this, the person also started searching for ring along with the sage. Even after searching for a long time; the ring was not found. And, then the person asked the sage, “Where did your ring fall exactly?”

Happiness Story

Read more about Happiness :

How to be Happy in life? 

Happiness is a Journey Not a Destination

The sage said, “My ring fell in the hut of the hermitage. But it is very dark there, so I am looking for the ring here outside the hut.”

The person got surprised and asked, “If your ring fell in the hut, then why are you looking out here??? How will you find the thing here outside, which is inside there?”

The sage smiled and replied, “My dear son, this is the solution to your problem.”

The person was looking towards sage with curious eyes. The sage continued, “You came with the problem that you have no shortage of anything; but still you are not happy with your life. Happiness is right there inside you, but you are looking for it outside in the materialistic world i.e. money and foreign goods.”

By:- Surya 

D.T.E.A. SR. SEC.                                    SCHOOL, JANAKPURI