Week 5 formal practice: "turning towards" (formerly "Soften, Soothe, Allow")

Tine

• Members
Posted
On 12/1/2020 at 10:09 AM, Tine said:

@ias206 As I have seen in other posts before you have a remarkable ability to look behind the surface and see the many different aspects the whole picture consists of. Leaning back and being aware of the many influences, thoughts, events, emotions, information and not being washed away by one quick reaction/ assumption is a core practice in our mindfulness training. Also, within that multitude of good, bad and neutral choosing our response that is honest, holding ourselves accountable and treating ourselves with kindness is the expert advice only we can give ourselves.
Thank you for sharing this with us!

Thank you for your kind response, Tina! 

I feel a bit sheepish as I've totally let my meditation practice and routine go for a little while now - my body clock has turned inside out since taking a break from ADHD medication (and the lack of daylight in the UK at the moment doesn't help!) and so I haven't been able to work it into my morning routine.  Back on the medication now though, hoping to start afresh!

I'm not sure whether to start again at this point or proceed from Week 5? I feel I've been a bit lost for the last couple of weeks!

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

@ias206 Did you find an entry point?

I don't have a clear advice. To speak from my own experience, for me it's harder to get back on track once I have taken a break. Somehow my determinations seems to suffer and I have not yet figuered out how to work with that effectively. I am happy to hear any advice and ideas others might have.

• 4 months later...
  • Members
Posted

Hey there. I notice resistance show up in me when things are not going the way I had expected them to be. A plan goes array, I struggle with a problem, etc, etc. In those moments, I notice that it manifests as a tension in my through and chest. My breath is tight and not as deep. In the past, I tended to just try and plow through the emotions, but after mindfulness practices, I find that am able to turn towards my experience with more curiosity and kindness. I really find the RAIN practice a useful tool for on the go emotional ups and downs.