Emotional Hygiene

Candy

Posted

That's really interesting, thanks for sharing @Candy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

I think even if it is related to social anxiety, this can be changed by changing our mindset... we have to be willing to explore the fears we hold and work through those so that we can see the world as a safe and fun place to be rather than a scary one

And thanks for the video :)

Edited by Kalila
Posted
2 hours ago, Kalila said:

I think even if it is related to social anxiety, this can be changed by changing our mindset... we have to be willing to explore the fears we hold and work through those so that we can see the world as a safe and fun place to be rather than a scary one

And thanks for the video :)

I hear you, Kalila :) 

I think social anxiety comes from deeply routed fears of being judged or rejected by others, which for some has been the case their whole lives, including in their family situations. In these instances, it's easy to say to someone "just change your mindset and your life will change", but no one really knows how absolutely difficult that is to do for the person dealing with this issue (except probably that person). For many people, the world is a very scary place because that's all that they've been exposed to, and it takes a LOT of work, resources and patience to let go of such fears. And this is not available to everyone.