Ali

Depression like a gift

TheEclecticAutismMom
Posted (edited)

So far depression is sucking the life out of me. Please explain how is it beneficial?

Edited by TheEclecticAutismMom
RDaeniker
Posted

Hi Ali,

I think, that being in a depression has no benefit at all. As the eclectic Mom above said: It sucks the life out of you. What can be or is beneficial for a person, is the emotional intelligence that one can gain when gotten over a depression. Understanding and listenting to others worries and sufferings is a great tool for making our relationships more deep and meaningful.

huma
Posted

I read some stuff suggesting the same idea. According to those "articles" it pushes you to think mor analytical etc as Calvin explained better. I don't know if I believe that either. What I understood was it basically activates your survival mode actually but I'm not really sure if those suggestions are really interpreted well from scientific studies or just some clickbaits cycling on internet. I would say there's a "good" side of depression which you learn things about yourself and self control but in general I can't see it as a gift for real and the most obvious effect I feel is overthinking instead of turning into a big analytic thinker-problem solver.