What did you learn from previous relationships?

Ab****

Posted

I learned that talk is cheap.

I learned what happens when a doer meets a talker.

I learned how deeply a talker can hurt a doer, throwing promises in the air, making them holy by dipping them in gods and blood.

In the end the only blood was mine, and no gods got hurt in the process.

You see, I am at a huge disadvantage here.

I really love words. I am crazily passionate about them.

To me words are as notes are to a composer, tones to a musician and brush strokes to a painter.

For me words are a path to my deepest truths, and a mirror to everything that I am.

They are SO important.

Posted

I learned to trust my gut and not disregard it even if it's not what I want to "hear". I also learned what I need and want in a relationship, and what I'm not willing to compromise on ? 

Posted

I learned that I am enough and to set healthy boundaries.

• Members
Posted

I learned the importance of trusting your gut and intuition. When something seems off, communicate thoroughly.  I learned that a person can expect another to be 'everything' to them, yet give little to the person they expect so much from. Also learned that even when a person's world is turned upside down, they can face life, situations, and others with positivity. 

• 2 months later...
  • Members
Posted

I just love the 3rd one. I always think relationships die sudden death when you start assuming and presuming things. What one wants should be expressed loud and clear at the start only 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted

I Learnt not to be carried away with sex that there is more to what a partner can offer than sex. I learnt to be very much prepared emotionally, physically spiritually and other wise before getting involved in another relationship to avoid studying each other in a relationship so that when things get sour you don't place a wrong judgement on the next person because you got hurt. I learnt to  be a better person and to love better.