Posted

I read this article on age-gap friendships, and I thought it was really interesting. I never even thought of it as a friendship for some reason, but I'm super close with my mom and love spending time with her. We are very similar (only 30 years apart :P and have so much fun together. 

Most of my closest friends are people I went to school or uni with, so we are very close in age. Is there an age-gap in your closest friendships? Do you enjoy spending time with people much older or much younger than you? Do you think it's more difficult to have a relationship with a person much older/younger? 

Posted
I have both older and younger friends, and I prefer the time I spend with my older friends more I think. They’ve lived through a lot more than the younger people, have more knowledge and experience and just are generally nicer people, I find ? Overall, I appreciate that I can have interactions with people at all stages of life because each of them has something different to offer and contribute, which is so great!
Posted

I have usually friends of my age or younger. I used to have an older lady as a neighbour that I got along very well (42y older) but then suddenly she died 3 years back. I was very sad and still miss her. For me, this is the most difficult part of having an age-gap friendship.

• 1 year later...
  • Members
Harekrishna
Posted

What I think age not a matter in any kind of relationship. Life is a learning process and every time u learn new from everyone.