How the pandemic affected you?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
MichaelannD
Posted

6 of one, half-a-dozen of the other. I know I am luckier than most people in this situation. Since I am disabled/retired staying home watching TV or being on the computer is pretty normal for me, so I don't feel as cooped up as many people do, nor am I really missing out on much. i hated the library being closed, but it's open now, no contact pickups & stuff. I got a bonus $400 on my July GST rebate check & my disability has been bumped by $300 a month, that was just extended until December. So financially I am actually doing really well, which is kinda weird.

The downside is my husband lived 10 miles away, on the other side of the closed border?? I had to come back when the border closed in March. They made an exemption for family in June,  so my husband has been able to visit me 3 times now, which has been awesome. I really don't mind the 14 day quarantine. But I miss being able to visit him there & I definitely miss being able to shop in Bellingham??

We took some pictures when he was here in early October, here's a Christmas card that I designed:

Robert_&_Michaelann_Disney_frame-08 (VIPtalisman).jpg