hello from a ne wmember

Co****

• Members
Posted

Hellow All. I am completely new here and am not sure what to expect. I am sturggling with anxiety problems at the moment (for teh past few months) and am trying various things to help myself (medication, mindfulness, trying to accept myself). I joined this because I don't really know what else to do to help myself and just hope to hear something helpful from other people abd maybe even meet otehr people. I am really missing people and feel very lonely. Best wishes Colin

Posted

Dearest Colin, 

Warmest welcome, and thank you for joining.

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling lonely and struggling with anxiety. Please know that you're not alone, as very many of us all across the world are experiencing the same or something similar.

I hope you'll find here a small yet wonderful community of people to interact with, or you can use the search function to check if there are other members in your area. 

You might like to try the free MBSR course in the forum, or read a few uplifting articles from the happiness Magazine?

Please do reach out if we can be of any assistance, and I wish you the very best on your journey.

Candy

Posted

A big welcome to happiness Colin, we're happy you found us

It has been a difficult year to say the least, and many have felt it affecting their mental health in different ways. I'm sorry you've been struggling with anxiety lately, and just like Candy already pointed out, you might find our Academy courses helpful, and there are lots of great articles in the magazine about mindfulness for example, or this one about yoga for anxiety.

I hope you find some of our resources to be helpful, and also please remember you are not alone in having these feelings. Also have a look around the forum, and please feel free to start a new topic if you want to ask the community for advice or share your own experiences with anxiety - we are in this mess of a year together! ?