Hello everyone, one thing I'd like people here to know about me:

• Members
Posted

Hi Eve, thanks for the welcome, I really appreciate it :') and welcome to you too.
It does take effort (and courage) but we'll all get there in the end.
What are some of your interests if you'd like to share? 

So happy you reached out. Much love ❤️ 

• Members
Posted

Most welcome and thanks for the welcome too :)

Regarding interests, I love learning. I consider myself a lifelong learner so I do love to read books or learn online courses particularly related to personality development, finances recently and happiness, of course. A little bit of blogging. I hope to create a life coaching online platform someday. My personal project that takes a lot of my time recently.

How about you? What kind of art you do and games you play as well as any other interests, if any.

• Members
Posted

Welcome! 

I'm looking forward to your lots of topics. 

From my point of view, "life coaches" try to sell "the one, simple, magic secret to a happy life" for money.

But since the "secret" is to make the happiness yourself, independent from other people, you don't need a coach for that. 

But feel free to change my mind. 

I like this forum where people can just share life advice for free.

• Members
Posted
Hi Typekal, welcome to the community! Lovely to hear from you :).
  • Members
Posted

Hi suedseefrucht and thank you!

Regarding life coaches, first thing is they are not supposed to give you advice. Insights, guidance or information, but not advice since it is up to the client to decide what action to take after a coaching conversation. If they give advice, they are called mentors or advisors.

I agree that happiness comes from within yet it is surprising how miserable a lot of people have been by seeking happiness from the approval of others. Experience varies, beliefs varies, knowledge varies. Some people may need support, others don't, but not just being happy but other goals in life as well.

So, I guess you are one happy person? If so, I am happy for you :)

• Members
Posted
vor 12 Stunden, schrieb PsycheEve:

Regarding life coaches, first thing is they are not supposed to give you advice. Insights, guidance or information, but not advice since it is up to the client to decide what action to take after a coaching conversation

Alright, thanks. I was imagined it like a sports coach: "Come on, do 5 more pushups!", "Come on, do something for yourself today."

vor 12 Stunden, schrieb PsycheEve:

So, I guess you are one happy person?

Well, I'm not happy all the time. There are things making me happy, things making me sad, things making me worry, but generally, I'm doing good and I am where I'd like to be in my life right now.

I agree that information and other people's experiences are helpful, which is pretty much the reason why I'm here. So I like your idea of helping others by sharing information and insights.