Donating clothes and shoes in Barcelona

Li****

Posted

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on where to leave old clothes and shoes for donation in Barcelona? In Sweden, where I'm from, there's a truck that comes every month, so on that day you just leave the bags of clothes outside to be picked up. 

In Barcelona, I've seen a big orange container that I think you can find in several locations (might be called something like Ropa amic?) but I'm curious to see if there are other places too that you guys use when you donate. 

I think it gives such a good feeling knowing that the stuff I no longer use can bring happiness to someone else. 

• Members
Posted
Se pueden dejar en todos los puntos verdes que hay en las ciudades
Posted
9 hours ago, Montse-8449 said:

Se pueden dejar en todos los puntos verdes que hay en las ciudades

Que son los puntos verdes? Sabes si hay puntos verdes en el Gotico or EL Born tambien?

Posted

@Lizzie I've found that donating them is best. If they're in good condition, you can take them to any of the Humana stores who accept and resell them. OR find non-profits such as Esperança who do weekly walks in the city handing out clothing, food, shoes, and other necessities to the homeless people in various neighbourhoods. I find that this works really well and in some cases, people can choose a shirt or shoes they like, which makes them very happy. ❤️