Covid V A X

Candy

Posted

It's a tricky subject as there's so much we do not know.

As the knowledge around Covid-19 is constantly evolving, my answer will too.

Here are my 4 Cent for today:
My parents, who live in Germany, both got their first shot two weeks ago. I didn't anticipate the relief I felt when I knew that I could get a call anytime that something happened, but it won't be because one of them is dying from Covid-19. A friend of them suffocated alone in the hospital earlier this year. Another one who was fit for someone in their mid 70ies didn't even need to be ventilated but is now bed-bound and unlikely ever to recover.

I am looking forward to being vaccinated. I have preferences for the vaccine itself, which aren't based on a deep enough understanding of the topic, so ultimately, I'd get any vaccination that is hopefully at one point offered to me.
Here are my reasons: Due to regular international travels, I am used to updating my vaccinations and get informed about their risks. To me, this is not different.
I see the risk of being harmed myself or being part of an infection chain that will harm people by getting Covid-19 as much higher as possible risks of getting vaccinated against it.
So my main reason is the contribution to everyone's safety as I won't be - or will be less - of a transmitter of the virus, and less infections will result in fewer mutations too.

Stay happy, healthy and save ❤️

• Members
CrystalRose
Posted

As a key worker, I have been vaccinated, has from first hand I seen some horrible scenes with COVID-19 and I would not like to wish it on anyone. 

It is upto the individual to decide if they have the injection just like it is when the flu vaccine comes out.

Hands, Face, Space.

Stay safe .