Lost soul

Gr****

Posted

@Grayboy First of all: You are not alone!

Loneliness is a real threat to our mental and physical health and I think you have already done an important step in naming what is going on and what you need. It's painful to admit but it's an important step.

Personally, I have found an online Sangha where we meditate together and after have a sharing session. The pandemic has made it harder to meet people in real life, but easier and more accepted to meet up online.

On happiness you can reach out to people who share the same interest and that's a great conversation starter.

@neilryan2021, @Nehali, @Ellymay how did you cope with loneliness in your lifes?

• Members
Posted

I agree with @Tine wholeheartedly. It sounds paradoxical when you think about it. You're not alone–in feeling alone! A little tangent, but what helped me with a large chunk of my anxiety before stemmed from the fact that I was constantly drilled by the people around me to be unique; to live an extraordinary life, etc and etc. But the more I live life, the more I realise how similar we all are. There's literally not a single interest that i have that someone else doesn't share. So whenever I'm feeling particularly down and isolated–I try to picture a person halfway across the world probably huddled in a similar dark corner and I get a weird sense of calm come over me.

One thing that probably contributed to this feeling of isolation is the entire ordeal of the pandemic where we practically forgot to be human physically. Take my advice with a grain of salt–because this is what worked for me. I started easing my self out of my covid-made shell by starting small talk or conversation with literally anyone. My mailman, my neighbours, and even the garbage collectors. One particular conversation that helped me through my slump was a delivery dude from a company I worked with called red stag

We were constantly seeing each other for at least once a week–and it was always pleasantries and small talk. But I asked him to stay for a cup of coffee if he had the time and luckily enough he did–we ended up having a beautiful 1-hour conversation about all things life and it reminded me of how beautiful it is to be human and to be kind all the time.

Everyone you pass by and brush pass are literally walking story books of different genres–life is too interesting to be kept to yourself! :)