Mindfulness Book Idea - Feedback welcome and appreciated!!!

st****

• Members
Posted

Big Dream Alert!!!! This is my first attempt at starting a book. Does this feel like a book you might read? If so, what else would you want to be included?
Here goes. . .

Don’t Be an A*Hole, How to Stop Doing and Saying Things You Regret.

I was an A*HOLE. Truth be told, I still am an A*HOLE from time to time. Progress, not perfection. Why am I telling you this? Well, you may be one too. Before you get offended, let me clarify, an A*HOLE is a person who Always Has Overreactions to Life’s Events.

Maybe you are shaking your head and saying to yourself, “not me.” Before you stop reading this, ask yourself, “do I often say or do things I wish I could immediately take back?” If not, then please go out into the world and share your secrets. Seriously, stop reading and get out there. The world needs you now!

For the rest of us, come with me on this journey of curiosity, learning, practicing, and ultimately transforming your relationships, health, and life. I will share my story, struggles, and practices that have changed my relationships and granted me peace.

We will explore together -
How being an A*HOLE is harming your relationships and your health.
Why self-regulation can be a challenge, and why shaming yourself isn’t working.
The simple yet effective steps you can take to retrain your brain to respond differently to life events.

Being an A*HOLE is not your fault, but it is your responsibility to change. Do you want to improve your relationships? Do you want to lower your stress levels? I did, and I have. I will show you how. You are one book away from transforming your life. Come with me, friend.

I would love to hear from you! 

***  I purposefully did not put Mindfulness in the title or description, because I am trying to turn people onto mindfulness that currently do not have a practice or true understanding of what it is.  

• 2 months later...
  • Members
Posted

You are a very good writer! I think I would add some specific scenarios as bullet points in there to help people recognize if they have AHole symptoms. You mention what Ahole stands for (which was awesome by the way, I loved it!) and if they ever regretted something they said or did. That is good - and I feel this write up as it is would serve well for a shorter summary.

But for a longer version, some people may not recognize themselves. So a few examples as bullets to "call them out" gently. Like... you got in a fight with your partner and you now regret something you said. Your boss gave you feedback and you responded unkindly. But worded better, of course. 

Aholeness comes out in high stakes situations. With partners, with jobs, with money.