Loneliness on anniversaries

• Members
Posted

Hi, I'm new here and am reaching out to share my love and support and hopefully to receive some much needed understanding and comfort back. 

My mum died, very suddenly, 4 years ago today. At the time, everyone rallied around, every one was understanding and wanted to help. To be honest, it was such a blur of disbelief and shock that the time just kind of passed by. 

So today, I am incredibly sad, I miss my mum so much, I want to be held and told I'm actually doing OK and that she's proud of me... But instead I'm very alone and lost. 

In general I think I'm a happy person, a people pleaser and will make sure everyone around me is OK and hears what they need to at the right time - I don't have a person in my life that thinks like that and is there for me....which I think makes me feel lonelier. I've read alot and know I should be the friend I need, to myself but that's hard

Does anyone feel like this at all? Looking forward to getting to know you out there, big love ❤️

• Members
Posted

Hello Bobbie,

First of all, my condolences for your loss.

I can relate how lonely you must be feeling after y mom died. She must be a big part of your life. 

Being a people pleaser is hard because y dont can please everyone. Most of the time people are very ungrateful too. Often you don't even get a thank you. It is taken for granted.

I think y can be a good friend. But first of all you must learn to like yourself. Than you have more love for others. 

I wish y the best on your way ❤️