Happiness without money

su****

• Members
Posted
Yes. Right.. money is the top thing to generate happiness. Without them nobody is gonna help. People stay connected only by money power.
Money is only nothing for those who is truly spiritual and can live alone to any situation where people don't matter for them.
Before abuse or lecture for money, earn too much money.
ūüíį
  • Members
Posted
17 minutes ago, Tine said:

How much is enough?

That depends on the situation.

If somebody asks me, how much money I earn or have, I answer: "Enough.", because to me, enough means to be able to pay your monthly duties, like rent, energy, internet, food, to be able to go to a restaurant when you want and still have some money to put aside.

This means, a a guy earning 1 000 000 whatever currency a year, but spending >= 1000 000 a year, doesn't have enough money.

And a guy, who earns 1000 whatever currency a month, only needing 900 to live, has enough money.

Posted

What I am pointing at is that 3 people in the same country earning the same amount might have very different ideas if it's enough or not. Some might have a family, or an expensive hobby or supporting their parents.

And I am not suggesting that any of it is right or wrong, better or worse. It's a very personal and important inquiry that can also foster a lot of growth. What do I "need" and why, for whom? I would even say our personal "enough" is a journey, what has value for us is a journey - a journey that might get us to explore what really makes us happy.

Another question to investigate in that context might be the term value. What do we value and why? Is it a car, friendship, holidays, honesty, ...?

Posted

Perhaps happiness is not in money, but with money a person feels much better, calmer. In addition, it is an opportunity to fulfill your dreams, so for me, money is the path to happiness. To earn more, I started betting. I always look to make a profitable bet and make a good profit. I chose basketball because I'm good at this sport.

• Members
Posted

I went for share holding. And sure money is important.

I just can't get rid of the thought that there are people out there, who can't afford happiness and that's pretty sad.

• Members
Posted

Perhaps happiness is not in money, but with money a person feels much better, calmer. In addition, it is an opportunity to fulfill your dreams, so for me, money is the path to happiness. 

• Members
Posted
Money is a tool and as such should probably be kept in the garage with the rest of the tools. It's there when you need it, but should not be the focus of your life. Everybody needs some, but it isn't having it that is so important as it is what you do with it.
  • Members
Posted

As always, the rich will say happiness is not in money ((((

• Members
Posted
Who's rich?
Posted

No money is a problem if you seek happiness.

But money isn't the path to happiness.

• Members
Posted

A basic amount of money is a necessary condition for happiness, but money alone doesn't trigger happiness.

Triggers for happiness can be success, an evening with friends, family, ... it depends on the person.

• Members
Posted
Actually I don't feel that money is an absolute necessity either. If you have the skills you can meet all of your needs from nature, much as our ancient ancestors did. Money is actually only required in order to live within modern society.
  • Members
Posted
24 minutes ago, xaf208 said:

Actually I don't feel that money is an absolute necessity either. If you have the skills you can meet all of your needs from nature, much as our ancient ancestors did. Money is actually only required in order to live within modern society.

That's an interesting thought.

Without modern society there is no money, but there are things equal to money.
Like property and work.
And if you don't have much property like a place you are able to defend, or food you picked up before others did, you can still be poor and sad.

• Members
Posted
You can have a million dollars and still be sad too.
  • Members
Posted

That's absolutely right.

• Members
Posted
On 4/10/2022 at 8:04 AM, xaf208 said:

Money is a tool and as such should probably be kept in the garage with the rest of the tools. It's there when you need it, but should not be the focus of your life. Everybody needs some, but it isn't having it that is so important as it is what you do with it.

This should be on the door of every financial institution 

• Members
Posted

Mental health is very important for people.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Aa****
Posted

‚ÄúNow that's not buying happiness. That's just buying off unhappiness.‚Ä̬† - Psycho, Alfred Hitchcock¬†