What's your go-to stress relief?

Li****

• Members
Posted

Online Meditation Sessions with Acharin (Webinars)

(free introductory session)

Deeply Relax by Nada (sound/energy based induction)

Do you know that a single session of sound-based induction by Acharin can get you in touch with your peaceful inner awareness, regardless of where you are geographically, or what your level of experience in meditation? It indeed can...you can find this out by joining the next free introductory event:

This session will teach you how to:

• Relax deeply and let go of stress
  • increase your awareness and attention span
  • Enter in to a natural state of samadhi (deep stillness and awareness of mind)
  • Q&A

Dates & Timings : 

Saturday  25 April 2020 

16.30-18.00  Colombo | 16.30-18.00  Delhi | 21.00-22.30  Melbourne |12.00-13.30  London | 19.00-20.30  Beijing | 13.00-14.30  Berlin |   7.00-8.30    Toronto

You need to register the webinar first to receive webinar link to join : 

Register in advance for this webinar:

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3YZZ71oZTFuDcCYJosNyHA

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Sunday 26 April 2020 

16.30-18.00  Colombo | 16.30-18.00  Delhi | 21.00-22.30  Melbourne |12.00-13.30  London | 19.00-20.30  Beijing | 13.00-14.30  Berlin |   7.00-8.30    Toronto

You need to register the webinar first to receive webinar link to join : 

Register in advance for this webinar:

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_doLZ781WRpiWLkghEuiZuQ

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted

Therapeutic writing & mindfulness meditation

• Members
Posted

I love to go for a brisk walk and I personally photograph the beautiful sceneries and then I share them online to brighten someone else's day.

IMG_20210416_165708451_HDR~2.jpg

Posted

@KaeFitz what a lovely photo! I've been going for a lot of long walks too and it really helps me destress and clear my head

• Members
Posted

For me it's the moment I admit to myself that I am stressed out and when I sit down for a moment to feel and investigate it.

I think it's Tara Brach who calls this "getting out of trance"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

This Question is open to All...lets discuss ur best Thoughts and Processes....kindly bear in Mind Do Tell Only If U Urself Follow.

Edited by Ravia28
Generic Question not specific to Covid-19
Posted

Something that works for me to reduce stress is to do some kind of exercise, and to go out for a long walk. Being in nature also has a de-stressing and grounding effect. 

Posted

That's a good question. I guess to me it means always aiming for peace by controlling what I allow into my life and having tools and strategies in place for the things I can't control that cause me stress. Many things have been proven to help reduce stress, such as exercise, meditation, journaling, eating whole foods, being outdoors, having a good network of friends... Of course, it's not always easy to completely avoid stress, but it's definitely doable and it's good for both our mental and physical well-being.

Posted

For me, the first step was to identify what does stress me. Now I feel stress so vividly in my body that it's almost painful. The upside to it is that I clearly see the sign, and I can't ignore it or push it away like I used to do.
When I am stressed, it helps to pause and breathe. I try to get out of being stressed to a more distanced position watching the stress, myself and the bigger picture to put things into perspective.
What feels like the end of the world might not be that significant upon inspection.

I am offering a guided meditation for stressful situations on my blog and on insighttimer.

When it comes to a stressfree life in general I guess we can control some of the stressors but there's will always be situaltions for me when I get stressed. So rather than trying to aviod them, learning to deal with them seem to be the key for me.

• 2 months later...
  • Members
Posted

Listening to mindfulness meditation

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

I read meditation a few times in the answers already.

The toughest part with that advice for me is to actually get up during a phase of intense stress, go somewhere else do the meditation. If I get that part done I am already much better.