Lizzie

Meditation apps

Yvonne
Posted

I used to have insighttimer. Here you can set up your meditation time. The app is free but there are also some paid courses and features. No I got hooked on Headspace. They have some guided meditation for free to start.

Angel421
Posted

I love YouTube guided meditations! All types!

Tine
Posted

I have tried many different apps - headspace however I didn't try...

So far I am stuck with insight timer. They have some stuff by my favourite teachers but most importantly I can find something matching the topic of the day and it's free to use. I also enjoy the timer.

As Tara Brach is one of my favourite teachers I simply use her podcast where she publishes guided meditations as well as insightful talks regularly and for free.

MoonSpirit
Posted

I use UTube guided meditations.  Thanks for the info on Headspace and Insight timer.  I will try them.

Joyce
Posted

I also like Insight TImer, there is a good range of guided meditations on there and also some music which I like to use along with mantras of my own or from other sources

Bonnie-Lou
Posted

Headspace and Calm were both great when first starting out. Not enough variety to keep me interested for long though. I like Brain Training which is a free app and has different lengths and types of meditations by many different people, so it’s a good variety. When you like one, you can search for their name on YouTube and try more stuff by them.