Candy

The key to happiness?

Calvin77
Posted

On 7/23/2019 at 10:54 AM, Purr said:

But I would say that the key is health, for sure. 

Deffo agree with @Purr regards to health, both mental and physical. I've had issues with anxiety and panic attacks which really got me down for a while. And now I have some problems with a bad knee and ankle which has been impacting on happiness, as I love to do lots of walking and hiking and have been limited because of my injury! Grr! 

Also as @Bethnicles points out from the study, relationships are also key. I love being around the people that make me happy.

I'd also add purpose/meaning to that list of things that are essential for happiness and well-being. I feel better when I know I am achieving something useful :)

Lizzie
Posted
I agree that our health is definitely something that has a big impact on our happiness, and perhaps relationships in the broader term too. Not necessarily just romantic relationships, but friendships, and a close relation to family members for example.
Candy
Posted

Yeah, I think the article was referring to relationships in general (with friends and family), not romantic relationships only ☺️

@Calvin77 I have knee issues too and it's definitely impacting my overall level of happiness because I'm meant to be training for a half marathon, but it's sometimes too painful to run! So I feel you on that one.